10 Lessons Learned in 2016
Ten lessons learned in 2016…
10. When a group fitness instructor yells at you, you need to yell back to indicate that you are feeling something or she will keep making you do squats for the next 5 minutes.
9. Apparently I’m not too young to need bifocal contacts. (doh!)
8. Be your own advocate, look out for yourself, and ask for what you need. Probably no one is more invested in you and your situation than you.
7. Salad bars are so utterly underrated. Why don’t more people go to salad bars? Or maybe the question is, why aren’t there more salad bars out there? They are awesome! Where else can you get a fun variety of tasty and healthy foods and be able to get the exact quantities that you want when eating out?
6. Take care of relationships and keep in touch. Strong relationships and community ties are continually found to be key factors to long-lasting happiness.
5. Be prepared for things to take at least twice as long as you realistically think they should take.
4. On saving time and energy: Measure twice, cut once. Think twice, do once. Ask questions rather than assuming. (Ahh……!)
3. Let stuff go…. you know, the stuff that just weighs you down…. frustrations, mistakes, regrets, expectations, etc. This verse speaks to me in this regard. “No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.” (Philippians 3:13-14 NLT)
2. Keeping a small notebook in my purse this year has really enhanced my life. It’s so helpful to jot down a good idea or bit of inspiration right.on.the.spot!
1. It’s usually best to worry less and breathe more. : )
“Be patient with everyone, but above all, with yourself.” Saint Frances de Sales